Friday, May 6, 2011

Drugs & Rock'n Roll



Did this headline get your attention? Thought so...

During these past weeks of blogging it has become more clear for me that the blog needs some kind of strategic direction partly in order to attract new readers but more importantly to retain the solid group of followers that I currently have in Sweden, USA, UK, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium and Ireland.

Eek-a-mouse

So what is the new direction? So far I have written about anything that has come to my mind, thus creating a very cluttered blog. If I was an extremely interesting person then this might have worked, but I am not. At least I know myself that well. Solution? Focusing on a subject that is extremely interesting, namely Music. Oh God you say, who cares about metal? But that's the thing. It will not be about metal. Not just about metal at least.

I will write about any type of music that I have some type of connection to, an analysis of lyrics, artists, individual musicians, and whatever else music related that comes to mind. The red thread will be my personal connection to the music or the artist.

Tom Araya
As a teaser, following topics will be touched upon in the near future:

1. Eek-a-mouse - a misunderstood genius or just simply crazy?


2. Metal lyrics - are they evil? Tom Araya of Slayer is a very devoted Catholic...

3. Alice in Chains - Song writing and Heroin - the rise and fall of true artist Layne Staley (RIP)
Layne Staley



As you might understand, I will not write about a specific guitarr riff, or a drum solo, but rather focus on the people behind the music. And I assure you there will be plenty of interesting stuff no matter what taste of music you have.

Check back soon. Take care!

Patrik

No comments:

Post a Comment