Monday, June 27, 2011

Countdown to Metal Madness

One week to go. Then I will see Slayer for the fourth time, Megadeth for the fourth time, Metallica for the third time only, and I have to confess that I have never seen Anthrax live. Don' know much of their music either, except for the song "Got the time" or whatever it's called, so this might be the big surprise of the evening although I really doubt it.

And even if I look forward to this, I am slightly nervous about the playlists. I haven't listened to the last few albums from Slayer, but they tend to play a lot of old stuff live so I am not so worried about this. Megadeth? Well, I've seen them three times, of which one was with the classic setting of Mustaine, Ellefson, Friedman and Menza. A show in San Jose right after the Youthanasia album I think. One of my top 5 concerts of all times. I know that they will not be up to this standard even though Ellefson seems to be back in the band. And Metallica? I really don't know. They always play well, even if Lars sometimes slacks a bit on the drums. I would assume though since this is a nostalgic gathering of 4 old bands that the playlist is a good mix of mostly older stuff. Fingers crossed...

I added a teaser here which is actually the promotion of the tour in the US, recorded while on tour somewhere in Europe and it looks promising I must say. And for those of you not so fortunate as to have tickets, I just found out that SVT (the Swedish national public service TV channel) will film this and broadcast live from Gothenburg throughout the entire show.

Anyway, enjoy the teaser, I know you are all jealous. I'll be back with a report after the show...




Until next time...

Patrik

No comments:

Post a Comment