Friday, July 8, 2011

The Call of Ktulu

Appologies for not posting an update on the metal-fest of the year until now, but I have been pretty busy. First of all I need to tell you that this concert requires several posts, of which this is the first. Focusing this post on the set list of Metallica who once again showed why they are the undisputed no 1 band in this category. I still have goosebumps and my voice has not recovered yet. Simply the best Metallica performance I have seen so far. Check out the set list below. Although there will always be 50 more songs you want to hear, it actually felt like a good mix from their best albums. I mean, “The Call of Ktulu”, how did that happen?  Insanely good, and one could almost feel Cliff's presence in the stadium. Really good job by a very humble Rob Trujillo who in my opinion has become an essential part of the band!

Never seen so much energy, passion and joy as in this show. And the sound was absolutely fenomenal. Great stuff…

Set list:
Hit the Lights
Master of Puppets
The Shortest Straw
Seek & Destroy
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Ride the Lightning
The Memory Remains
All Nightmare Long
Sad But True
The Call of Ktulu
One
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Blackened
Fade to Black
Enter Sandman

Encore:
Am I Evil? (performed with Megadeth and Anthrax on stage)
Damage Inc.
Creeping Death

I will be back soon with more stuff on Big 4 concert shortly.

Until then...

Patrik

No comments:

Post a Comment