Sunday, April 24, 2011

And then I had a blog.....

A blog? Why? Don't really know actually. I am on Facebook, and I have a Twitter account, but it just does not do it for me. I think I am too old for Twitter. Just can't seem to create interesting content with very few characters. And Facebook? Of course it is interesting to see what people are up to, but I am not the person who have a need for pushing my thoughts to everybody like that. At least not my slightly deeper thoughts (however, as the title of the blog says, don't expect too much :-) . Putting my thoughts into a blog means that people will actively make a choice to read this stuff. For me it is a big difference. While being able to express my thoughts for the day, I don't push it in peoples faces.

So why would I expect people to actively visit my blog? Am I really that interesting as a person? Probably not. Are my thoughts really that deep? Uhm, let me think, no, wouldn't think so. So why do I do this? Let me explain:

First of all, I like writing, always have. Secondly, I have always been somewhat of a hidden exhibitionist. This is a good way of hiding behind the computer while still sharing my thoughts with the world. Thirdly, it is an experiment of course. How many people will visit? And how many will re-visit? Could the opinion of just a very average 30-something Swedish dude really matter???

And by now you have noticed that I am blogging in English. Simple reason. I have a big enough ego to think that I will get readers from around the world.

This could become a very interesting project, or possibly a very big hit on my ego as I realize that I am just a very average guy with absolutely nothing to say and no followers at all.

And just to be clear on what not to expect from this blog, as I don't want to create any false hope, I will not write about the following: Private family matters, workplace related matters, religious ideas or similar. I will keep this on a fairly non-political level. If you are looking for dirt, this is not the place to be.

Finally, all my posts will end with a question of some sort. Because a blog is not interesting without the dialogue. I urge you all to respond, raise new issues, or suggest topics for me to write about from my perspective as a very ordinary Swedish guy.

Speak to you soon!

Patrik

No comments:

Post a Comment