Monday, April 25, 2011

A good day gone bad...

Interesting day today. Started out really well with Grandpa picking up my oldest daughter quite early to go to the zoo. Great, a full day of just being able to do other stuff. Do some grocery shopping, buying a big sun screen for the porch, some plants for the back yard and so on. Then we were planning to come home and have lunch in the sun and do some fixing in the garden during the afternoon before the barbecue gets fired up and some nice red wine being opened.

First thing that happens after we park at our first stop is that a crazy woman decides to park next to me and just rams my open door with the front of her car. Great, had to drive the shortest way home with the door not being able to close. Won't be able to use it again until that is fixed. During this not so happy drive home it became evident that I had misplaced my wallet. Must be at home I thought, but it was nowhere to be found. Then it hits me, I put it on the roof of the car when helping my youngest daughter into the car. I said a lot of bad words right then...

But suddenly, out of the blue, an old acquaintance whom I know from a long time ago came riding on his bike with my wallet in his hand. He found it a several hundred meters down the road. How lucky is that? And you know what, I have good insurance for the car and nobody was hurt. Could have been much worse. Also, we are soon approaching drink time in the evening sun. Life is pretty good after all.

Might not be able to get to work tomorrow though without the car. Could this be a sign from above based on my previous entry? A full day of drum practicing and a fresh start for my new carreer. Good stuff!

Speak to you soon!

Patrik

No comments:

Post a Comment